SEK International Schools runs its own SEKMUN Model United Nations and also takes part in other MUNs both in Spain and abroad.
This is an educational-cultural project authorised by the UN, which is a simulation of the General Assembly and other multilateral agencies.
The twelfth SEKMUN – Model United Nations applied to teaching – was held between 13 and 15 March 2018 at the University Camilo José Cela.
- The role of diamonds in fuelling conflict: breaking the link between the illicit transaction of rough diamonds and armed conflict as a contribution to prevention and settlement of conflicts. A/RES/71/277
- Information in the service of humanity. A/RES/71/101 A-B
- Ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. A/RES/71/233
- Preventing and combating corrupt practices and transfer of assets of illicit origin and returning such assets, in particular to the countries of origin, consistent with the United Nations Convention against Corruption. A/RES/64/237
- Inclusive development for persons with disabilities. A/RES/71/165
- Sport as a means to promote education, health, development and peace. A/RES/71/160
- Political solution to the conflict with North Korea S/RES/2270 (2016)
- The threat posed by ISIS (Daesh) to international peace and security and the activities that the United Nations can carry out in support of member states
UNICEF EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Women in development. A/RES/70/219
- Taking action against gender-related killing of women and girls. A/RES/70/176
- Antimicrobial resistance a priority for global health.
- Global strategy to reduce alcohol consumption and abuse.
- Global Code of Ethics for Tourism. A/RES/70/200
- Saving the cultural heritage of Iraq. A/RES/69/281
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
- Free trade agreements, the right to health and Access to medicines. A/HRC/11/12
- Water, Health, and Human Rights. A/RES/2349/07
UNESCO Executive Board
- Return or restitution of cultural property to the countries of origin. A/RES/70/76
- Culture and sustainable development. A/RES/70/214
- Oceans and the law of the sea. A/RES/71/257
- Unilateral economic measures as a means of political and economic coercion against developing countries. A/RES/70/185
- Agriculture development, food security and nutrition. A/RES/70/223
- Agricultural technology for sustainable development. A/RES/70/198
- Strengthening international cooperation in preventing and combating illicit financial flows linked to drug trafficking, from the anti-money-laundering perspective. A/RES/58/6
- International cooperation to address and counter the world drug problem. A/RES/71/211